Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Rain

One may conjure up all the things that rain is supposed to be, feelings it's supposed to invoke or create.
All i know is that, after listening to an incredible life story, I chose to walk back alone, singing songs of a guilty random order. I stood on the porch to the staff building, gazing off across the field as rain slanted towards me. All beyond my little world was obscured in darkness, invaded only by the light glancing off the few pioneer drops which dared to cross the concrete plane of the porch roof.
I wanted desperately to feel. Some things I did not feel. Some I did. Some swam just out of reach, hidden like a shower-misted mirror. Others seemed to fight into focus of their own accord, surfacing to take a breath from their long, underwater slumber. This breath was life.
I heard stories in the rain. People. Lives. Loneliness can not even exist in the presence of millions of transparent friends. My yellow bird soared into the June sky, leaving a glittering trail in its wake.

I feel you. I miss you. I need what you stand for.

No comments: